The Jewish Community Relations Council is a fast-paced, dynamic environment whose mission is to pursue a just society and a secure Jewish future. We create consensus and lead advocacy efforts in the organized Jewish community, ensuring that our voices are amplified and heard. And we build bridges with other faith, interest and ethnic-based groups that share our passion for social justice, forging relationships based on the issues our community cares about most.
Having recently completed a successful migration from Blackbaud’s eTapestry to Salesforce, JCRC is looking for an experienced Nonprofit Salesforce Success Pack Administrator to ensure our CRM/fundraising database system advances the needs of the entire organization. This position works closely with the Development team to assist in implementing our fundraising strategies, build regular fundraising reports and dashboards to track fiscal year progress and donor relationship management, and reconciling donor and financial data. The position also works closely with the Programs teams to implement effective relationship management tools with Jewish, civic, and other stakeholders. The Administrator will run advanced reporting, reconcile discrepancies, and troubleshoot ongoing issues for the JCRC team. A successful candidate will enjoy being part of a collaborative team of professionals.
This position is based in San Francisco but could be a full-time remote position for the right candidate.
- Manage day-to-day database administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, creation of new fields, creation of account logins, data import and data design and other routine tasks.
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate.
- Maintain primary oversight of Salesforce database, including performing scheduled clean-up of the database and maintaining quality control over all entries, including duplicates, typos, inconsistencies, etc.
- Coordinate closely with the Director of Finance and Administration, as well as the Staff Accountant, on fundraising and accounting systems are in sync, as well as charitable giving through JCRC’s website. Lead the reconciliation process between Finance and Development departments, prepare necessary reports of donations and all back-up information.
- Design and produce queries, data analyses, reports, and data presentations as needed for Programs and Development departments, including relationship tracking and fundraising dashboards and reports.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, ensure smooth and effective cross-platform integration between Salesforce, e-advocacy and email marketing systems, and other JCRC technologies.
- Provide ongoing teamwide and individual Salesforce workshops and trainings for JCRC staff, including but not limited to: onboarding new team members, rolling out new major features, and individual staff or departments custom trainings.
- Stay abreast of best practices and strategies to ensure JCRC stays on top of Salesforce offerings, technology, and industry trends.
- Trouble-shoot issues with database vendor, as needed.
- Participate in all conversations related to institution-wide technology issues.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long-term projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems.
- Two to five years of experience with the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack best practices and functionality.
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred.
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience of building sophisticated fundraising reports for leadership review.
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred.
- Documented history of successful project completion.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes.
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, JCRC provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, an employee-contributed vision insurance plan, early closure for Shabbat and Jewish holidays, days off for Jewish holy days that fall during the work week, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment, and a flexible, hybrid office schedule.