This job is archived
Acumen is looking for a data and systems oriented individual to lead the Development & Partnerships Operations team. This role collaborates across functions to support the team by driving several critical processes including Salesforce CRM database management, revenue recognition, and reporting & analysis. This role is based in our New York office and reports to the Chief of Development & Partnerships. We work in a hybrid model with 3 days in the office per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
About the Role
The Development & Partnerships (DP) Operations Manager will drive strategic and effective management of Acumen’s fundraising operations. This role will oversee Acumen’s Salesforce fundraising and engagement CRM. This is a key role on the DP team and requires an understanding of the big picture along with a desire to dive into the details.
- Manage all components of DP Operations, including setting a direction for the DP Operations team with a focus on systems, processes, and knowledge sharing.
- Lead data and insights-driven analyses of Acumen’s fundraising performance and event impact to track the success of efforts to cultivate partnerships and meet fundraising goals.
- Own, maintain, and customize Acumen’s Salesforce fundraising CRM, including data management and reporting.
- Monitor major proposal development and grant reporting for complex institutional grants and unrestricted reports; provide support across grant reporting needs as needed.
- Coordinate across multiple stakeholders on key operational responsibilities: finance integration, budgeting, reporting, and events.
- Manage an Associate and/or Senior Associate on grants, events, analytics, prospecting, and data support.
A strong handle on data, CRM, and Salesforce is required for this role. Specific Salesforce accountabilities include:
- Maintain data hygiene and exception reporting for fundraising and events.
- Manage and maintain user training resources; onboard new team members.
- Periodic customization and system upgrades for DP team including managing requests for page layouts, new fields, automation, and integrations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot connections to third-party systems.
- Lead the monthly reconciliation process with Finance, including co-managing the data integration between fundraising (Salesforce) and finance (NetSuite) to ensure monthly revenue and cash documentation meets reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications on the Salesforce & HubSpot integration to ensure CRM data flowing correctly, troubleshoot, and advise on data-driven, actionable marketing campaigns.
- Identify process improvements across Acumen’s systems to improve efficiency and reduce duplicative efforts, coordinating across teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience.
- Salesforce system administrator experience preferred; other CRM system administrator experience (e.g., HubSpot) considered.
- Ability to understand both individual needs and organizational requirements with the ability to solve problems for both.
- Strong project management and communication skills with an emphasis on listening and problem solving.
- Comfort rolling up sleeves and pitching in where needed.
- Ability to collaborate with teammates across countries, functions, and levels of seniority.
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values.
- Permanently authorized to work in the US.
New York, NY
Deadline to apply:
Apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
The salary range for this role is $72,900-$85,000 plus a performance-based bonus. This range represents the present low and high end of pay range for this role. Actual compensation will vary based on various factors including but not limited to experience. Acumen has equal pay, so pay is determined through comparison to a cohort of employees in market at the same level of accountability.