80,000 – 85,000 • yearly
New York, New York, United States
About the Posse Institute
The Posse Institute is the data analysis arm of The Posse Foundation and a department within the Posse National office. The Institute is interested in matters relating to access, leadership, diversity, and retention in higher education and specifically interested in tracking Posse’s Scholars. One of the primary goals of the Posse Institute is to maintain and analyze The Posse Foundation’s unique student data set and to ensure that as the Foundation grows, progress is tracked and best practices are analyzed.
The Salesforce Administrator will support the ongoing development and maintenance of Posse’s Salesforce Lightning instance. In this role, they will create, update, and manage Salesforce solutions that maintain the day-to-day operations of Posse’s programs, improve internal and external end-users’ experiences, and enable Posse to accurately collect and report programmatic data. The ideal candidate has a record of supporting end-users and improving processes and adoption using the platform. The role, part technical project manager and part database administrator, will be responsible for day-to-day support, training, maintenance, and improvement of Posse’s CRM platform.
The Salesforce Administrator reports directly to the National Director of the Posse Institute and works closely with the Database Associate as well as external Salesforce developers.
Preference will be given to candidates based in the New York City Metro Area. This role may be available as a remote position for exceptionally qualified candidates in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Texas, and the Washington D.C. Metro Area (including Maryland and Virginia).
- Work closely with the National Director of the Posse Institute and internal and external users to review operational processes, identify opportunities for automation, and prioritize and resolve technical issues
- Develop CRM ideas and propose solutions to support Posses ongoing success
- Implement and refine Lightning solutions, custom objects and fields, validation rules, page layouts, reports, dashboards, user account maintenance, profiles, permission sets, sharing rules, Lightning Flows, and email templates and triggers
- Manage external platforms, apps, and projects that interact with Posse’s Salesforce instance
- Work with Posse’s external Salesforce developer and internal stakeholders to design mockups, test, and implement iterative User Interface (UI) improvements
- Research customized and cost-effective solutions using the full Salesforce toolset and collaborate with internal teams as well as external developer to implement
- Provide staff training and support on Posse’s Salesforce instance
- Provide input on documentation for technical designs, project plans, deployments, and training guides
- Employ strategies that achieve high data quality by reducing duplicate, incomplete, and orphaned records
- Improve the security of the platform with effective access control solutions (roles, permissions, profiles, sharing rules)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand complex organizational needs and translate them into solutions within the Salesforce platform
- Strong project management skills which allow you to prioritize, communicate, and execute effectively
- Well versed in Salesforce Non-Profit Starter Pack and Lightning administration. Skilled at crafting reports and dashboards, automating workflows, and developing custom objects.
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator in a similar or closely related environment
- Salesforce certified administrator certification preferred
- Experience with custom objects, process builders, Lightning Flows, workflows, validation rules, sharing settings, user creation, and email triggers
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values
To apply please click here.
Deadline for submission of application is Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
No phone calls please.