Full Time 1.0 EFT
First Nations People, LGBTIQ+ people, people with disability, people of colour, public housing residents or people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.
DS is committed to child safety and strictly adheres to the Reportable Conduct Scheme for organisations. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our clients is our core focus. All staff must undergo thorough recruitment process including screening and providing evidence of current Working With Children Check and National Police Check.
DS is a 135 year old not-for-profit, non-denominational agency. We provide family services, family violence services, mental health and wellbeing services, relationship counselling, parent support and education for families, children and young people. We try and reach the most marginalised families in our community. Our services and our approach to service delivery reflects the diversity of the communities in which we engage. Using public health programming we deliver interventions across the prevention, early intervention, tertiary, and recovery spectrum. This includes universal and targeted responses underpinned by multiple disciplines and types of knowledge. Our practices and programs are evidence-based and informed by lived experience through the use of a co-design process.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing expertise to the Systems and Data Manager in Drummond Streets digital systems and providing support to staff in the use of our systems. This role is part technical project manager, part data analyst, part administrator & support, part Salesforce analyst.
As a great communicator, you’ll be comfortable engaging with, and training users of varying digital literacy in the use of digital systems. You will possess an analytical and user-focussed approach to solving technical problems as they arise, with a curiosity for seeking solutions that may be out of the box. You will also have a strong understanding of how these integral systems fit into our staff’s day-to-day work, and the operations of a growing workforce.
An essential part of your work will be maintaining and improving our Salesforce CRM environment as the lead system administrator. Your technical skills and understanding of usability will be key in driving the success of the platform across our multi-disciplinary workforce, and to deliver our complex programs to clients. You will have razor-sharp attention to detail, be dedicated to maintaining excellent system administration documentation, and always uphold the integrity of usability and data.
As an important support to staff, you’ll be confident in taking the initiative, as well as taking a consultative approach, with managers in ensuring these systems are running smoothly and meeting staff needs, including but not limited to:
- Training and support to staff of all levels in the use of our specialist systems; primarily, but not limited to, our CRM, intranet and other systems
- Assisting the Systems & Data Manager in planning and implementation of new systems
- Assist in the management and analysis of client data
- Administration of systems; primarily, but not limited to, our CRM and intranet
- Working with third party IT providers
- Assist in driving uptake and engagement of systems
- Assisting CEO, Directors, General Managers and Managers with systems and data as required.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Development team to improve functions including team plans, meetings, system reviews etc.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development to provide the best advice and support possible to the organisation
Working closely with all levels of staff, the Senior Systems Administrator will identify, develop and deploy new business processes within the Salesforce environment by:
- Serve as primary system administrator
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as flow automation and validation rules
- Manage and administer integrated external systems
- Document customisations made in Salesforce
- Document and maintain system administration requirements and processes
- Document and maintain user guides
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long-term projects
- Maintain relationships with Salesforce Developers, Consultants or Partners who we work with
- Engaging and approachable to all levels of staff
- Has required technical skill and knowledge level to administer Salesforce
- Project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritise simultaneous requests
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Excellent business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong spreadsheet and data reconciliation skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Knowledge & experience
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Salesforce administrator
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, flows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Knowledge of data integrity and its complexities
- Experience training people in use of Salesforce and other systems
- Experience writing end user documentation
- Experience in an end-user technical support role
- Experience managing technical projects for implementation to end users
A current Victorian driver’s license and willing to travel across multiple premises’ on a regular basis if required.
As DS is committed to Child Safety, all short-listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against the Child Safety Standards as part of our recruitment process. This includes having a valid Working with Children Card and completing a criminal history check.
This is both an incredibly rewarding and exciting opportunity to directly impact the success of the organisation. You’ll have the chance to work with us on large technology projects that are transforming the way we work as an organisation and how we support our clients.
You'll be encouraged to utilise your innovation and creativeness, and work within a close-knit and skilled team dedicated to positive organisational outcomes.
In return for your dedication and commitment, you will be offered an attractive remuneration package (negotiable based on experience), as well as salary packaging options.
LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability, First Nations People and people from Culturally Diverse Communities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants MUST address the following selection criteria in your application:
- Tell us about a time you trained a person or team in the use of a CRM or similar system, how did you support them to understand the system?
- Tell us about the thought process you take when you are making a change to a technology platform that will affect an entire workforce. Briefly, talk about the steps you would take from start to finish.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- Applications close at midnight on Sunday 23rd October 2022.
- All applications must be made via our careers portal – Senior Systems Administrator at https://ds.org.au/career-opportunities
- All applicants must include a resume and with a cover letter addressing all the key selection criteria for the position.
For further information about this position or to discuss your application please contact Joanna Fulton, Systems & Data Manager, on (03) 9663 6733 or via email at [Register to View]