Where you fit in
An exciting opportunity to work at the Information & Digital Engineering (IDE) organization in Shell IT. Software Engineering is the home for Software Engineers to collaborate and develop scalable solutions that accelerate business value, opening new possibilities for Shell. We apply deep engineering skills within a vibrant global community of natural teams, passionate about investing in people. We build commercial, production-ready software. By keeping our solutions on the right track, we gain the trust of our stakeholders and the freedom to break new ground when tackling the challenges of tomorrow
The Renewables and Energy Solutions organization in Shell is focused on leading in the energy transition towards a low-carbon future through power / electrification, supporting our aim to power progress together through more and cleaner energy solutions. Shell Energy is our core global brand for both B2C and B2B segments and applied to our energy retail businesses and customer propositions. It builds an integral part of Shell’s global Renewables and Energy Solutions marketing strategy with a mission to guide customers toward a better energy future, by enabling choice and providing market-leading energy solutions.
What’s the role?
This role is for a Senior Salesforce Lead to work within the Salesforce Delivery Hub (US) which is part of Software Engineering. This newly established team has been created as a direct result of Shells move into the consumer energy market, and this is a great opportunity to shape the direction of the Salesforce solutions used. This role will work closely with senior stakeholders within the Renewables and Energy Solutions organization in Shell.
- As the Senior Salesforce SME within your team, you must be able to understand the wider strategic intent, recommend solutions and articulate your reasoning.
- Work across product teams to ensure Shell is pulling the maximum value from Salesforce
- Understand the requirement of a functional specification or user story, and ensure its completeness for the next steps
- Design and implement solutions across the Salesforce platform, ensuring best practices and delivery standards are followed
- Guide members of your team to deliver solutions with high-quality and in-time
What we need from you
- Proven track record of multiple Salesforce implementations ( Salesforce Industries experience is a positive
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce Platform & API capabilities
- Comfortable to work with tools like Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Copado
- Ability to think and work strategically - seeing the bigger picture
- Good communication skills, effective internal stakeholder and able to influence using data
- Personal attributes: drive to grow business; hands-on mentality; keen to experiment and learn from failures; curiosity and practical creativity; comfortable with ambiguity and change; multi-cultural sensitivity
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service