As a Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer, you’ll play a vital role at Tom Ferry. We are looking for a proactive individual that can help us continually improve and enhance our Salesforce platform, gathering requirements and feedback, designing scalable best practice solutions, and managing the product road map. Our Salesforce user experience is of great importance to us, therefore the Salesforce UX Designer should enjoy all aspects of designing solutions with user satisfaction and adoption as a priority.
As our Salesforce UX Designer you will have the opportunity to help our employees leverage Salesforce technology to enhance their experiences, enable sustainable change, and drive results. We focus on understanding our employees' challenges and developing solutions (custom or native) powered by Salesforce to transform their sales, service, and all departments capabilities by exploring data and identifying trends, driving employee engagement and collaboration, and connecting directly with key stakeholders to share goals, objectives, and best practices.
We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of the Salesforce platform, who can understand both our current setup, large amounts of customizations, and our business objectives, in order to quickly identify areas of improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating mockups to present to stakeholders, collecting feedback and creating a quality piece of work. This individual should be comfortable with building salesforce layout maps, wireframes and prototypes to provide project manners and inevitably execute based on outlined criteria. This candidate should have strong creative and design skills and be familiar with various design technologies as well as a strong understanding of how to administer and manage Salesforce page layouts and permissions. The Salesforce UX Designer should be comfortable with change management and governance, as well as communicating, prioritizing and managing all aspects of a Salesforce end user design and workflow. The ideal candidate will be happy liaising with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms, clearly explaining design options and their potential impact.
- All aspects of UX/UI management including design, delivery, and access to Page Layouts and all objects and fields within them to ensure the best possible experience for our end users in alignment with our business processes
- You'll focus on a range of digital, large-scale and complex challenges and leveraging the Salesforce design system, UI/UX standards and principles to optimize build, enhance long term maintenance and product updates
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations
- Data management to improve Salesforce data quality and integrity, implementing design structure to promote better data integrity
- Rich understanding of customizations and the ability to audit, recommend, improve, and/or update customizations for best practice alternatives
- Experience with unique Salesforce instances that leverage non-standard Salesforce Objects in primary business process and practices
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations
- Identify unused or underutilized platform features
- Contribute to a platform roadmap and define priorities, liaising with stakeholders
- User experience design for SFDC Capabilities, wireframe creation, and requirements definition & QA for the experience
- Develop and define UX concepts and detailed design, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, personas, storyboards, user flows, information architecture, and wireframes
- Address sub-standard experiences that does not meet leadership and/or stakeholder expectations
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties through design and experience within design
- Identifying and advocating the right balance of custom design and out-of-box offering to solve a business problem and address user needs
- The ideal candidate will have experience in creating mockups to present to teams, collecting feedback and creating a quality piece of work
- Using findings from business analysis and research requirements gathering to design and develop interaction patterns and prototypes
- Execute Usability Testing
- Experience performing QA on pre-release and implemented change sets for validation
- Identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience
- Reviewing, approving and taking ownership of designs and deliverables
- Working with the Lighting Design System from Salesforce
- Own the communication and documentation of any platform changes to end users and stakeholders
- Monitor and improve user adoption via User Experience exercises and review
Works under general direction. Requires only broad guidelines to accomplish objectives. Uses independent judgment to achieve goals.
May lead and direct employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing motivation and incentive for performance; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA in user experience, design or related field, Masters Preferred
- Salesforce User Experience Designer Certified
- Salesforce Admin Certified
- 2-3+ years of experience with UX Design
- 1+ years of experience with Administration
- 1+ years of Project Management Lifecycle experience
- Will be looking for this person to also work towards a Salesforce Strategy Designer Certification in 2022
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Logically visualizing complex systems, user interaction flows, and beautiful user interfaces
- You have a point of view about your work and a passion for Salesforce design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences
- Have strong creative and design skills and be familiar with various design technologies
- A proactive attitude to platform enhancements
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Understanding of how to turn human behavior and needs into real concepts and are obsessed with what design and technology can do for people
- Designing scalable, best practice solutions
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Confident in documentation and presentations to a broad range of audiences
- Experience in change management and governance
- Training end users and key stakeholders
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solution
- Technical documentation
- Available and responsive to questions
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g. Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant, CPQ Specialist, Tableau CRM, and/or Einstein Discovery Consultant
- Uncompromising integrity, character and intellectual honesty; with the courage and conviction to speak their position
- Understanding of basic triggers/Apex code knowledge
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development
- Active in the Salesforce community
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with integration of SF with other systems
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications
- Experience with other marketing applications such as Marketo is a strong plus
Planning and Organization
- Manage multiple projects in deadline driven environment
- Manage multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
- Must be organized, punctual and responsible
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates highest level of detail orientation and organizational skills
This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting (≤25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Hybrid work environment: Scheduled in-office and the possibility of predetermined work from home (WFH) days as the company deems fit. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment can be boisterous in certain areas. Attire is business casual.
Minimal (less than 5%) to none. May be required to travel overnight – by car or air – to support various events sometimes working in excess of eight (8) hours/day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.