This job is archived
As our Junior Salesforce Developer, you’ll play a vital role at Tom Ferry. We are looking for an individual that can help us continually improve and enhance our Salesforce platform, guided by experienced Salesforce Developers in our Information Systems team. Our Salesforce instance is of great importance to us and heavily customized, therefore you should keep the wider organization’s best interests in mind composing and deploying any code.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and open to learning best practice development from the team. This role comes with the opportunity to absorb knowledge and grow as a developer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborating with the Salesforce Administrator to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limits) and providing proactive feedback on solutions for issues that arise during business validation
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Visualforce, (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, and Lightning Web Components
- Customizations: Manage and implement customized requests including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Best Practices: Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write / maintain test classes for all custom development
- Contribute to release cycles to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- System Integrity Ownership: Responsible for constant review of all systems automations for accuracy and issues to ensure system is operating at a consistently high level of speed and to provide solutions recommendations proactively on how to achieve a better maintained system
- Integrating and maintaining business applications to Salesforce, such as Marketo, HelloSign, and more
- Collaborating with IT/Engineers for other systems in order to integrate across the business
- Supporting the Salesforce Administrator
- Review and optimize the Salesforce system as needed
- Perform mass data imports/exports
- Perform Implementations and QA
- Stay current on Salesforce technology and releases
- Attendance and on-time reporting
- Maintains compliance with company policies, practices and procedures
- Participates in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Works effectively and communicates clearly with other employees
- Handles changing deadlines and priorities
- Reviews work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
May lead and direct employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing motivation and incentive for performance; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in Computer Science or relevant field, Masters Preferred
- 1+ years of experience with Salesforce Development and Administration
- 1+ years of Project Management Lifecycle experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certified
Other Skills and Abilities
- At least 1 year of Salesforce development experience and Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud product knowledge
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with business stakeholders / other Salesforce team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce development lifecycle
- Experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, Visualforce, and Java
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications
- Experience working with large data sets and bulkification
- Ability to gather requirements and present solutions to stakeholders
- Confident in documentation and presentations to a broad range of audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated Self Starter
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g. Certified Salesforce Administrator, Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder, Integration Architect, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant,
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development
- Active in the Salesforce community
- Uncompromising integrity, character and intellectual honesty; with the courage and conviction to speak their position
- Ability to explain data so a listener understands the significance
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Proficient in Salesforce administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Email Services, Approvals, Workflows, Reports, Dashboards, Tasks, and Events.
- In-depth experience in CRM Business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Order Management, Account Management, Case Management.
- Experience in designing Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Work Flows, and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates, and Email generation according to application requirements.
- Experience in Salesforce configuration experience including Apex Class, Apex Triggers, Visual Force, Salesforce development & platform.
- Experience in working with relational databases.
- Experience with use of the Salesforce APIs (via Java, or through web services) to integrate Salesforce with other tools.
- Demonstrated experience with integration of SF with other systems.
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications.
- Experience with other marketing applications such as Marketo is a strong plus.
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, statistical equations and probability equations. Interpret and apply statistical and probability tables and graphs.
Planning and Organization
- Manage multiple projects in deadline driven environment
- Manage multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
- Must be organized, punctual and responsible
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates highest level of detail orientation and organizational skills
This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting (≤25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Hybrid work environment: Scheduled in-office and the possibility of predetermined work from home (WFH) days as the company deems fit. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment can be boisterous in certain areas. Attire is business casual.
Minimal (less than 5%) to none. May be required to travel overnight – by car or air – to support various events sometimes working in excess of eight (8) hours/day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.