We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the Traction Rec team. As our UX/UI Designer, you will be working with the Product and UX team to set design guidelines and oversee the UX for complex areas of our products. The goal being to provide our customers with intuitive and beautiful experiences that disrupt the human-interface interactions in the Salesforce ecosystem.
This is a startup environment, where we have the need to be creative, have a frontline commitment to our customers, and have a vision with a limitless horizon on what we can change!Who we are: Traction Rec empowers customers with great technology. Built on the Salesforce platform, we enable YMCA’s, Jewish Community Centres (JCC’s) and Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to deliver their services and achieve their missions. At the heart of Traction Rec is our desire to support non-profit community centres and the amazing good they do. Traction Rec is an independent product company launched by Traction on Demand, one of North America's largest dedicated Salesforce consulting partners. Traction Rec was recently recognized by Salesforce as Nonprofit Sales Partner of the Year, ISV Partner of the Year, and featured in the 2021 Ready to Rocket List. Traction Rec takes pride in the development of product and services, and building strong relationships with partners and customers. At our core, we love community. We are looking for people who want to join an active group of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community, and planet. We welcome you to experience a vibrant personal and professional journey by joining our diverse team.
We come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- 2+ years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience creating personas, journey maps, user stories, wireframes, mockups, storyboards, user testing prototypes / scripts, development hand off documentation and design systems (contribute to)
- Ability to perform usability analysis of existing products, including crafting well thought out questions for customer surveying, to provide critical feedback and recommendations
- Experience leading user studies, and a clear understanding in applying results of research to product decisions
- Proficient in a prototyping tool (one or more of the following): Figma, Adobe XD, Axure, Sketch, etc
- Experience with Human Centered Design and Usability Principles
- Prefer experience in building interfaces for Online Purchasing (Catalog, Cart, Payments, Orders), Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Payments, Revenue Recognition) and Operations
- Accuracy, attention to detail as well as good writing and verbal communication skills are essential to clearly articulate designs
- Working with the Product Team to define the new User Interface and User Experience for both existing and new Products built primarily on the Salesforce platform
- Meeting with Customers and their users to perform interviews to validate design hypotheses and gather usability requirements
- Develop materials to support ideas and vision for the Product
- Validate technical assumptions with the development team to ensure the solution is technically feasible
- Prepare, execute, debrief and prioritize feedback from internal, customer and end-user user testing to ensure designs meet customer and user needs
- Provide quick iterations on deliverables with detailed documentation of feedback and tracking of what changes were made as a result of the feedback
- Coordinate inputs from Product Managers, Developers and other internal users to drive the completion of design deliverables within reasonable timelines
- Generate detailed final design specs that inspire accurate developer builds
- Work with developers and quality experts to deliver a polished final product
- Work with other members of the UX and Product Team to continually improve Product Development processes and outputs
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
For Traction Rec, we aim to change the world by creating impact technology to serve organizations whose mission is one of our core values, to Create Community. At our core, we’re about improving the way organizations do business by leveraging technology.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks