This job is archived
(Archived) Salesforce Developer (Remote USA, Multiple Countries)
Salesforce Developer (Remote USA, Multiple Countries)
- Full Time / Part time: Full Time
- Regular / Temporary: Regular
- Salary: Minimum salary $70,000 in the USA. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience and geographic location
- Benefits: Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance. USA benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, RX and Life insurance; generous paid time off and floating holidays; 403(b) match after first year of employment; generous tuition support for employees and dependents at Butler University (Indianapolis) after first year of employment. Benefits vary by country.
- Location: Remote USA or any country within IFSA’s current operating portfolio
- Reports to: IT Director, based in Indianapolis, IN
Do you enjoy developing solutions that drive business results and improve experiences for your colleagues and end users?
Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer to build, deploy and maintain business-critical, multi-user solutions. You would work with many different systems and applications in support of our strategic initiatives, special projects and operational needs. You would monitor, report on and resolve any issues that may arise. In this position, you’d work closely with all members so the IT Team, as well as interacting with colleagues utilizing the Salesforce platform, including Institutional Engagement, Student Engagement, Marketing and Academic Programs.
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build programmes with the same focus. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
- Partnering with colleagues to proactively offer creative solutions that best leverage our technology, systems, platforms and applications
- Designing, configuring, developing, and executing Salesforce features, leveraging the features as much as possible to avoid and/or remove custom coding.
- Applying best practices within Salesforce governing limits.
- Verifying solutions by writing and executing automated test classes.
- Implementing and managing various complex business processes built in Lightning web components and static resources.
- Documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and ensure code is properly documented.
- Creating and maintaining a code repository to ensure a seamless deployment process for all team members.
- Staying current on the latest trends and Salesforce releases.
- Helping to cultivate and model practices and behaviors that reflect IFSA’s organizational commitments of inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact.
- Supporting other duties and projects, as assigned.
Overall Requirements, Work Experience and Education
- Minimum of 2-5 years of Salesforce development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field is desired, but not required.
- Understand the process and principles such as: requirements gathering, analysis, code validation, OO principles and best practices, relational database systems.
- Demonstrated success working independently and proactively in dynamic environments, setting priorities based on data analysis, achieving goals, and holding yourself and others accountable for deliverables.
- Experience working in a global organization is desired.
- The legal right to work in the USA or other country within IFSA’s operating portfolio.
Technical Requirements and Experiences
- Salesforce Developer certification
- Familiarity with Force.com platform capabilities including static resources, experiences, Visualforce
- Familiar with debugging and troubleshooting
- Ability to write APEX, APEX test classes and APEX triggers
- SCRUM/Agile development
- Salesforce Lightning web components
- Creative and innovative out of the box solutions.
- Desired / Nice to have
- Visual Studio
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
- Working on a computer, placing phone/video calls, updating systems and documents.
- Ability to participate in occasional critical system launch and fix activities that need to occur outside of peak business hours.
- Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations
To apply, please submit your resume for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.