Salesforce Developer, Consultant
118,800 – 178,200 • yearly
Oakland, California, United States
Blue Shield of California is looking for an experienced (consultant-level) Application Developer to join our IT Application Services team. The candidate will be the lead salesforce & integration developer on one of our Operations Portfolio's service teams needed to transform our Employer will be the lead Salesforce & integration developer on one of our Operations Portfolio's service teams needed to transform our Employer Enrollment & Care Management business processes into automated, real-time solutions using their advanced knowledge & experience of Salesforce Industries, Boomi, and other integration tools. This individual will assure adherence to defined IT standards & guidelines, lead less experienced technical team members, and drive solution delivery with high quality, reliability, and sustainability. While technical knowledge & end to end solution integration delivery are key requirements, the best candidates will also demonstrate effective communication & influence of IT, business, and vendor partners to provide solutions that optimize for cost, quality, security, and fit for purpose.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop user interfaces, and application programs using the technical specifications and design documents
- Recommend improvements to the SDLC and other departmental processes
- Improve the reliability and utilization of systems and applications
- Monitor software configuration changes to anticipate and address the impact of data reliability and customer satisfaction issues
- Coordinate sustaining support for 1-2 application platforms or business processes
- The role is remote but must be based in CA
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires at least 7 years of prior relevant experience as a developer of Salesforce implementations from start to finish with a minimum of 2 years experience in a Lead Developer role supervising & directing the daily work of 5 or less experienced team members.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking and locating information across the industry to understand new and related Salesforce.com technologies, including AppExchange and partner products.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products.
- Implement customer-facing and internal-based solutions inside the Salesforce platform using Apex, and Lightning Web Components.
- Develop solutions to automate business processes using Salesforce automation tools such as Flow, Assignment Rules, and Email Alerts.
- Build integration solutions between Salesforce and other internal & external applications.
- Must possess and provide verification of an active Salesforce Developer Certification & Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification.
- Must have Salesforce Vlocity, Salesforce industries, experience & hands-on knowledge of Vlocity Omniscript, Vlocity Data Raptors, Vlocity cards, Vlocity integration procedures, and Lightning Web components.
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce administration and development; security, standard objects, reports/dashboards, Knowledge, Communities, Chat, data management, and sandbox environments.
- Experience building solutions between Salesforce and other internal & external applications using integration tools (such as Boomi, APIC) as well as web-service integration to and from Salesforce.com.
- Preferred experience in practicing Agile development methodologies.
- Preferably participated in daily scrum meetings, analyze assign user stories, identify & resolve gaps in functional user stories and business requirements, and collaborate with other IT & business department personnel to deliver high-quality and sustainable solutions when needed to support business needs.
- Adhere to define coding standards and develop well-structured, maintainable, and easy-to-understand code as demonstrated through prior experience using Salesforce's standard development tooling, including the Salesforce CLI, Data Loader, VS Code + Salesforce Extension Pack - as well as demonstrated experience with newer Salesforce features including Lightning Web Components
- Effectively debug and resolve issues and/or defects which may be reported as a result of faults in the production system.
- Experience working with Source Controls, GitHub, Jenkins, and other CI/CD pipeline utilities & concepts.
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: 118800.00 to 178200.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.