First impressions matter. TaskRay is on a mission to ensure businesses get off to a great start with a flawless customer onboarding experience. TaskRay is the leader in customer onboarding in the Salesforce ecosystem. We help companies manage their onboarding and implementation processes, drive greater efficiencies, and create unmatched customer experiences – all within Salesforce.
Culture is important to us. You must value the following as much as we do:
Connection. We deliver exceptional experiences. We build enduring relationships both internally and externally by listening, anticipating needs, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond.
Craftsmanship. We are lifelong learners. We approach our work with curiosity and an open mind. We constantly look for ways to improve our products and ourselves, never settling for good enough.
Energy. We rise by lifting others. We love what we do and bring our best selves to work each day. We are open to possibilities and seek to share this optimism with everyone we encounter.
Grit. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
We’re looking for a Director/VP of Engineering to join our team. You are the people-leader responsible for the execution and delivery of new technology, components, capabilities, and products built by your team. Additionally, you will be responsible for the health and structure of the engineering department.
Some traits we're looking for, from you:
- You thrive when time is split between talking through roadmap planning with leadership, architecture design with devs, and career growth with your team members.
- You have a knack for creating an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally.
- You have a process focused approach to creating scalable solutions and teams.
- You have a passion for creating and mentoring high performing teams.
- You understand how to implement a cohort team approach and align them around the product..
- You can make data driven decisions with limited context.
- You’re a strategic thinker who contributes to the overall strategy and vision of the company and products.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the product team and other team members to plan, prioritize, and execute on sprint, release, and roadmap initiatives
- Organize multiple work streams into sprint cycles while balancing architectural constraints, dependencies, timing, and team skill sets
- Advocate for engineering concerns such as technical documentation, responsible management of tech debt and continuous improvement of development tools and practices
- Monitor escalation channels, investigate the issues, or delegate investigation
- Serve on the leadership team to build the vision and future of TaskRay while representing Engineering considerations
- Responsible for the team’s growth by ensuring the right processes are in place, facilitating efficient communication, and hiring the right talent to fill in the gaps
- Perform regular reviews, coaching, and mentorship to develop your team
- Be a hands-on, contributing developer on your team, as necessary
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading teams
- 3+ years in the Salesforce Development Ecosystem, preferably at a Salesforce ISV
- Experience scaling engineering teams
- A proven track record architecting and developing large front end web applications
- Excellent communication skills
Cash compensation for this role is commensurate with experience. Estimated salary range is between $150,000 - $225,000 per year. This position is also eligible for a bonus based on performance targets.
TaskRay offers highly competitive non-cash compensation ranging from flexible PTO practices to a robust benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability insurance programs, expanded EAP benefits, 401k matching, reimbursement stipends, and bonuses for taking vacation and for anniversaries.
This position is hybrid: working both in-office and remotely. While TaskRay has a physical office in the Denver area, we’ve always been proud of our hybrid approach to the work environment, even pre-pandemic. There will be times we ask you to come to the office, but for the most part, we know you are as excited to contribute to the company’s success as we are to have you!
We value diversity
TaskRay is an inclusive culture embracing the value of a diverse workforce in all roles, at all levels of the organization. We work to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make decisions based on job related factors. We ask that you do not disclose any information on the application which could indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity. pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation and we encourage applicants who meet some but not all qualifications to apply.