About the Role
Validity is looking for a best-in-class Director of Product Management with a track record as a leader in creating value for customers in software.
Our Product Managers are a lynchpin of the company, working across teams to ensure our products meet the needs of the customer and the business. You will own the product lifecycle of Validity's Data Management and Productivity solutions, from product planning to execution, as well as, providing mentorship, and creating career growth opportunities for Product Managers on the team.
Product Management at Validity is challenging, high-impact, and rewarding. To be successful here, you must show personal and professional growth, professionalism, and strategic and analytical thinking. Beyond that, you should be a champion for positive impact and be ready to tackle day-to-day problems with humility and humor.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the market; maintain awareness of change in your space and what it means for Validity’s products and the business
- Act as a team leader/mentor for 2-3 product managers
- Understand and make decisions based on integrated cross-departmental considerations
- Lead discovery efforts, conducting interviews, analyzing data, and gathering insights to define problems and propose solutions
- Develop and run experiments to validate new concepts
- Work with key stakeholders to shape the vision of, set the strategy for, and craft your product roadmap
- Identify and communicate the business impact, ROI, and stakeholder impact of upcoming releases
- Work closely with Engineering to deliver solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Orchestrate implementations of technical solutions with internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects
- Define and build KPIs for your products that align with (and ladder up to) company goals
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 5-7 years of experience defining and building technical products, including data services integrations
- 3+ Years leading a product management team
- Strong understanding of how software is built and deployed
- Experience managing the Agile process for a technical solution
- Strong analytical skills, able to break a problem down and work through it
- Coachable and willing to receive and apply feedback; prepared to be wrong and to learn lessons
- Ability to balance the voices of the customer, the business, and engineering against available capacity
- Proficient in dotted-line influence with your key stakeholders
- Clear and concise oral and written communication to both technical- and executive-level audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with executive teams
- Ability to navigate uncertainty, remain flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- An active listener that can get to the root of un-met customer needs
- Great organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in English
- Passion and enthusiasm for building amazing products that solve customer problems!
- Knowledge of the Salesforce ecosystem and related technology areas