National Grid touches the lives of almost everyone in the UK, with an energy network that stretches across the Atlantic. We’re an international team, and our work underpins the lives of millions of people. Feet forwards, head up, and eyes bright, we’re working hard to create value for people today – and shape the future of energy tomorrow.
In the UK, we don’t generate or sell energy – we join the dots to get energy from A to B. From making a cup of tea in the morning, to keeping the lights on in hospitals, our electricity network puts power in the hands of people. Without it, the world as we know it would grind to a halt.
The world of energy is changing beyond recognition. Working at National Grid, you won’t just be touching the lives of almost everyone in the UK – you’ll be shaping the way we use and consume energy for generations to come.Job Purpose
CRM & Digital Enablement within National Grid IT solutions engineering provides solutions engineering and agile product delivery for Salesforce, web and mobile platforms. The Solutions Engineering Manager for Salesforce will be responsible for leading an organisation of technical resources who plan, design, develop, test and deploy technology solutions that meet and exceed the expectations of National Grid’s internal and external customers. As an experienced Solutions Engineering Manager, you will manage a dedicated solutions engineering team, incorporating customer-centric design thinking practices, product engineering, and agile software development methodologies.Key Accountabilities
- Lead the Solutions Engineering Salesforce & Integration offerings across UK business units and CIO organisations.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers, including onshore and offshore development partner resources.
- Manage the technical staffing strategy and hiring plan, consistent with the needs of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management and Product & Platform Operations colleagues to create roadmaps and drive effective whole-life management of National Grid Salesforce product lines and solutions.
- Act as the quality marker for all Salesforce development activities and uphold platform & application architectural standards.
- Promote a culture of agile product delivery and align with National Grid’s agile frameworks, DevOps and quality engineering principles, and promote operational excellence in the form of best-in-class delivery.
- Mentoring, coaching and leading by example thereby promoting operational efficiency within the CRM & Digital Enablement Solutions Engineering organisation.
- Demonstrated experience of leading high-performance solution/software engineering teams, mentoring and coaching team members.
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce platform and products, and experience implementing at an enterprise scale.
- Experience in supporting agile delivery, and optimisation of project/programme or product-based delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks and provide the thought leadership as and when required.
- Excellent data-driven decision making, using strong data interpretation and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to engage with wider stakeholders, external suppliers and SI delivery partners and other stakeholders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Good working experience of onsite/offshore, leading remote teams and well-versed in objective settings, initial, mid-year and year end performance appraisals, handle team challenges in terms of team motivation and morale.
- Educated to at least a degree level in engineering, computing or a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Salesforce Developer or Administrator certification.
- Agile or Product Management certification.
A competitive salary between £50,000 – £70,000 – dependent on capability
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 15% of your salary for stretch performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.