This job is archived
As the Salesforce Platform Manager, you will be an expert of designing and developing the right solution to meet and exceed Ferry International’s business needs. We are seeking a hands-on technology professional to help drive platform development, design, and data integration efforts, further expanding and improving our existing Salesforce platform. You will ensure the delivery of strategic and tactical business objectives. The Salesforce Platform Manager will work alongside our business partners and other members of the Salesforce team with strong executive support and visibility.
We are looking for an individual that will possess the necessary balance of business process understanding and automation capabilities coupled with hands-on leadership and execution. In addition to expert-level development capability, the Salesforce Platform Manager must have the ability to design systems, processes, and procedures that scale to meet the needs, challenges, and opportunities of the organization. Moreover, they will need to build relationships across all layers of the organization.
Our Salesforce instance is of great importance to us and heavily customized, therefore you should keep the wider organization’s best interests and not be afraid to get in the trenches and get your hands dirty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Salesforce Platform Operations:
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet Ferry International’s business needs
- Drive continuous improvements to achieve & sustain a stable production environment through effective incident & problem management/ service improvement plans.
- Assists with Salesforce org strategy, architecture and design across all of Ferry International
- Lead on-call responsibilities and ensure coverage for critical salesforce platform
- Develop, publish and participate in monthly & quarterly business reviews representing the platform operations related work items
- Provide technical leadership and support for team members on all aspects of platform operations (incident troubleshooting, problem resolution, performance optimization, configuration, automation)
- Solve system integration issues at application, database and network layers
- Lead the automation to replace manual task
- Assists with establishing architectural best practice/standards and the right level of technical governance to help accelerate development/operations of state-of-the-art solutions
- Executes hands-on architecture design
- Designing scalable and maintainable solutions
- Having an eye for detail and quickly producing high-quality presentations and design documents
Salesforce Platform Health:
- Define technical architecture that may include integration and authentication across multiple systems and the development of APIs
- Adhere to platform best practices for implementing Salesforce solutions in compliance with security standards, including standard and custom platform development with Lightning Components, Apex, Visualforce and code quality techniques
- Develop and execute platform health roadmap including employee engagement, delivery plan and measuring outcomes
- Continuously find opportunities to enable user & transaction growth, support new capability development to enable stability and scale of Salesforce platform
- Works closely with the Leadership team to influence improvements to systems, processes and integration
- Create, design and deploy products that increase adoption and drive measurable results
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, and Lightning Web Components
- Customizations: Manage and implement customized requests including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Define security posture and develop plans for continuous strengthening of security of our salesforce ecosystem
- Prepare, publish and participate in quarterly and monthly business reviews for Salesforce platform health
- Review and optimize the Salesforce system as needed
Environment and Release Management:
- Define and lead release scope, schedules and quality. Work with organizational leadership and engineering teams across projects to coordinate and plan product deployment, handle conflicts and dependencies.
- Leverage a solid understanding of the Salesforce product suite in order to validate key design options and present proposal solution designs.
- Analyze the impact of Salesforce releases and fixes on configuration and custom code; work with system administrator and development to resolve issues. Communicate the impact of Salesforce release and custom deployments, environment refreshes, release schedules, release status, release scope, call out issues and risks.
- Build and maintain the repository for release procedures, release log, and release artifacts.
- Structures, leads, and participates in integration and user acceptance test (UAT) sessions and efforts to ensure the applications match the business requirements, including capturing and cataloging user feedback.
- Run change control process. Run production backups, sandbox refreshes and continuously improve release processes.
- Plan and govern standard methodologies for release lifecycle including version controls, branching and code merges. Package and deploy custom configuration and code.
- Act as primary day-to-day point of contact and the operational aspects of the project. Objective focused on building strong relationships and understanding of the client's business model and processes.
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings to gather user requirements, as well as other sprint meetings as meets the needs of the project.
- Works to monitor project status’ and assess risks in process, people, and/or technology and adjusts project plans to address accordingly.
- Ensure changes to the requirements are approved and documented
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating departmental and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Collaborating with IT/Engineers for other systems in order to integrate across the business
- Stay current on Salesforce technology and releases
- Attendance and on-time reporting
- Maintains compliance with company policies, practices and procedures
- Participates in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Works effectively and communicates clearly with other employees
- Handles changing deadlines and priorities
- Reviews work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
May lead and direct employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing motivation and incentive for performance; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in Computer Science or relevant field, Masters Preferred
- Salesforce Certified System Architect
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce Development and/or Administration
- 1+ years of Sales Cloud experience
- 1+ years of Service Cloud experience
- 1+ years of Project Management Lifecycle experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years of Salesforce development experience and Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud product knowledge with experience working on Data Architecture.
- At least 3 years in a technical or functional lead role
- At least 2 full life-cycle Salesforce implementations with strong expertise in 1 of the following modules: Sales Cloud or Service Cloud
- Ability to lead technical design sessions; architect technical solutions aligned with business objectives; identify gaps
- Ability to digest the functional requirements dictated by the business stakeholders and apply the best solution available leveraging the complete Salesforce Platform developer toolset.
- Solve systems integration issues from Salesforce to other systems such as: Marketo, HelloSign, etc
- Object oriented Design and Development of Software code to implement solutions for critical bugs in Production systems using Salesforce Apex, Lighting & Visual Force technologies along with Data Modeling techniques applying Agile software development methodology
- Must have strong analytical, organization and documentation skills with excellent attention to detail, ability to react quickly to complex situations, work with teammates, customers, and outside organizations in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical Staff and end users
- Hands on experience and the willingness to continue to be hands on throughout the process.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent data problem solving and solution skills with a strong understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with business stakeholders / other Salesforce team members
- Extensive and profound knowledge of the technical platform including working in Lightning/Communities, APEX class / coding, Custom coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, Workflows, CSS, HTML, Templates and Web Services
- Strong understanding of Declarative vs Programmatic customizations. Emphasis on Lightning Flow (Screen, Autolaunched, Trigger, Scheduled) over traditional APEX (classes, triggers), Visualforce and Lightning Component Framework.
- Hands-on experience working with system integrations using the API form within the Salesforce platform in addition to integrations with other systems using middleware such as SOAP, REST, Web Services, Direct API Calls, and SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience in setting up integrations with other platforms.
- Proven experience designing and implementing complex architecture
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices
- Must be committed to a culture of continuous improvement (CI/CD)
- Strong process engineering and process flow design w/ documentation, data structure/architecture, UX/UI (User Experience/User Interface), design best practices, and API development/interface experience
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, integration, maintenance, and Quality assurance testing.
- Experience designing enterprise dashboards and reports for large data sets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated Self Starter
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g. Salesforce Certified Application Architect, Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer, Salesforce Certified System Architect, Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder, Integration Architect, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant)
- Working knowledge on Salesforce implementation using team-based delivery Agile/Scrum methodologies; Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Product management experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence products, break down epic-level user stories into detail-level stories consumable and testable by a team and strong sense of personal accountability with ability to juggle competing priorities
- Ability to quickly assimilate, willingness to learn new technologies, proactive entrepreneurial spirit, and reliability
- Comfortable managing a team
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development
- Active in the Salesforce community
- Uncompromising integrity, character and intellectual honesty; with the courage and conviction to speak their position
- Experience working with sales people and developing solutions to improve sales processes
- Ability to build relationships with management and employees
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Proficient in Salesforce administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Email Services, Approvals, Workflows, Reports, Dashboards, Tasks, and Events.
- In-depth experience in CRM Business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Order Management, Account Management, Case Management.
- Experience in designing Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Work Flows, and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates, and Email generation according to application requirements.
- Experience in Salesforce configuration experience including Apex Class, Apex Triggers, Visual Force, Salesforce development & platform.
- Experience in working with relational databases.
- Experience with use of the Salesforce APIs (via Java, or through web services) to integrate Salesforce with other tools.
- Demonstrated experience with integration of SF with other systems.
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications.
- Experience with other marketing applications such as Marketo is a strong plus.
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, statistical equations and probability equations. Interpret and apply statistical and probability tables and graphs.
Planning and Organization
- Manage multiple projects in deadline driven environment
- Manage multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
- Must be organized, punctual and responsible
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates highest level of detail orientation and organizational skills
This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting (≤25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Hybrid work environment: Scheduled in-office and the possibility of predetermined work from home (WFH) days as the company deems fit. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment can be boisterous in certain areas. Attire is business casual.
Minimal (less than 5%) to none. May be required to travel overnight – by car or air – to support various events sometimes working in excess of eight (8) hours/day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.