Nonprofit Salesforce Database Manager
100,000 – 110,000 • yearly
Brooklyn, New York, United States
CASES a NYC nonprofit serving people impacted by the criminal legal system seeks a leader for the implementation and support of human services managed package Salesforce Exponents Case Management (ECM). Our work is meaningful, and you can bring your deep understanding of Salesforce to an environment where you will feel inspired every day. The manager leads a team and owns database planning, design, implementation and operations with the vendor Exponents Partner and program staff. We have an environment that is growth-focused and committed to database solutions that are directly connected to seamless delivery of services to our clients. We need a leader able to grasp the minutiae/details of our business processes, who will question common assumptions, rethink existing configurations, and see every challenge as an opportunity for system improvements. The manager should enjoy all aspects of database management including designing and testing solutions and staff training, with user satisfaction as a priority.
All applicants must comply with CASES/NYC's vaccination policy. Individuals selected for employment cannot begin working until they provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine) or submit and gain approval for a Medical or Religious Exemption. Individuals approved for exemption must submit weekly PCR test results.
Location: New York City
Hybrid Position: includes in-person work at program locations in NYC (downtown Brooklyn and Central Harlem) and flexible hybrid work schedule
Reports to: Senior Director Data & Analytics
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide expertise in Salesforce client case management platforms, including best practice insights for system design, maintenance, business functionality, deployments, enhancements, and upgrades
- Translate our programs and the client experience into functional specs configured to the exact needs of our programs that connect services, documentation, reporting and performance measurement
- Collaborate with program staff and technology vendors to deliver projects, process and operational changes that sustain a robust client database
- Define process improvements and shepherd through build, UAT, and release
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) with advanced areas of Salesforce such as declarative implementations, integrations, social services program workflows, data migration, test plans and automated scripts, custom objects, customizations, and object relationships
- Possess both strategic and tactical Salesforce skills to understand how changes may impact entire user universe and then develop, test, and deploy solutions, applying best practices
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure our services are accessible 24/7
- Lead a high-performance team responsible for end-user support, training, and production support and through mentoring and coaching provide guidance, support, SME, and technical expertise to team members
- Coordinate development of system documentation, user guides, workflow documentation and system manuals
- Own responsibility as Salesforce product owner overseeing governance, multi-year planning and roadmaps
- Complete regular internal system audits and keep up to date with Salesforce releases, features, and best practices
- Contribute as a big thinker to the organization’s technology and data advancement strategy, as a team member developing and implementing new solutions including our data warehouse and automated business processes
- Manage with professionalism, clarity, and courteousness to facilitate a solution focused culture that respects contributions of all team members regardless of technology skills, and appreciates the value of diverse teams consistent with your commitment to inclusion, belonging and diversity
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or a related field and demonstrated equivalent expertise in a responsible supervisory, administrative or system administration position with at least five (5) years of related work experience and 2 years of supervisory experience managing a team
- 3+ years Salesforce administrator experience in a similar or closely related nonprofit environment, preferably in NPSP Salesforce.org. Salesforce administrator certification in current standing and experience managing a system with at least 200 users
- Salesforce Business Analyst certification a plus
- Strong knowledge of custom objects, process builders, flows, workflows, apex triggers, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL), validation rules, etc.
- Proven track record as a leader managing people and projects and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of a nonprofit organization
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize duties, problem solve, pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and maintain a positive and helpful attitude
Salary: $100,000- $110,000 Annually
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.