As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you will be in charge of designing and developing the right solution to meet and exceed Ferry International’s Business Needs and become the person our leadership team turns to when facing the most complex challenges. Working with stakeholders to design high level technical Architecture and problem solve complex data integrations. This is the next step in your career if you feel you have hit a ceiling in your current position.
We are looking for an individual that will be central to managing, maintaining, and continually enhancing the Salesforce platform for our organization. Our Salesforce instance is of great importance to us and heavily customized, therefore you should keep the wider organization’s best interests and not be afraid to get in the trenches and get your hands dirty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet Ferry International’s business needs
- Oversee and execute fit analysis, requirements gathering, design, development, prototyping, testing, documentation and deployment of solutions leveraging Salesforce platform capabilities and features
- Define technical architecture that may include integration and authentication across multiple systems and the development of APIs
- Adhere to platform best practices for implementing Salesforce solutions in compliance with security standards, including standard and custom platform development with Lightning Components, Apex, Visualforce and code quality techniques
- Understand and apply Agile methodology to promote continuous iteration of development and testing throughout lifecycle of the project
- Take ownership of release cycles to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- System Integrity Ownership: Responsible for constant review of all systems automations for accuracy and issues to ensure system is operating at a consistently high level of speed and to provide solutions recommendations proactively on how to achieve a better maintained system
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating departmental and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Collaborating with IT/Engineers for other systems in order to integrate across the business
- Designing scalable and maintainable solutions
- Having an eye for detail and quickly producing high-quality presentations and design documents
- Leading workshops to gather requirements and define departmental needs
- Leading workshops for training and upskilling users
- Manage solutions, delegate resources, and help ensure quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables
- Create, design and deploy products that increase adoption and drive measurable results
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, and Lightning Web Components
- Customizations: Manage and implement customized requests including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Establish procedures around the use of Salesforce
- Review and optimize the Salesforce system as needed
- Perform Implementations and QA
- Stay current on Salesforce technology and releases
- Attendance and on-time reporting
- Maintains compliance with company policies, practices and procedures
- Participates in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Works effectively and communicates clearly with other employees
- Handles changing deadlines and priorities
- Reviews work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
May lead and direct employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing motivation and incentive for performance; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in Computer Science or relevant field, Masters Preferred
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce Development and/or Administration
- 1+ years of Sales Cloud experience
- 1+ years of Service Cloud experience
- 1+ years of Project Management Lifecycle experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years of Salesforce development experience and Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud product knowledge with experience working on Data Architecture.
- At least 3 years in a technical or functional lead role
- At least 2 full life-cycle Salesforce implementations with strong expertise in 1 of the following modules: Sales Cloud or Service Cloud
- Hands on experience and the willingness to continue to be hands on throughout the process.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent data problem solving and solution skills.
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with business stakeholders / other Salesforce team members
- Extensive and profound knowledge of the technical platform including working in Lightning/Communities, APEX class / coding, Custom coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Visualforce, Workflows, CSS, HTML, Templates and Web Services
- Hands-on experience working with system integrations using the API form within the Salesforce platform in addition to integrations with other systems using middleware such as SOAP, REST, Web Services, Direct API Calls, and SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience in setting up integrations with other platforms.
- Proven experience designing and implementing complex architecture
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications
- Experience working with large data sets and bulkification
- Ability to gather requirements and present solutions to stakeholders
- Experience presenting to decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce development lifecycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated Self Starter
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g. Salesforce Certified Application Architect, Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer, Salesforce Certified System Architect, Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder, Integration Architect, Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant)
- Experience using ETL Tools
- Experience Data Modeling & Data Mapping
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Comfortable managing a team
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development
- Active in the Salesforce community
- Uncompromising integrity, character and intellectual honesty; with the courage and conviction to speak their position
- Experience working with sales people and developing solutions to improve sales processes
- Ability to build relationships with management and employees
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Proficient in Salesforce administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Email Services, Approvals, Workflows, Reports, Dashboards, Tasks, and Events.
- In-depth experience in CRM Business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Order Management, Account Management, Case Management.
- Experience in designing Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Work Flows, and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates, and Email generation according to application requirements.
- Experience in Salesforce configuration experience including Apex Class, Apex Triggers, Visual Force, Salesforce development & platform.
- Experience in working with relational databases.
- Experience with use of the Salesforce APIs (via Java, or through web services) to integrate Salesforce with other tools.
- Demonstrated experience with integration of SF with other systems.
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications.
- Experience with other marketing applications such as Marketo is a strong plus.
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, statistical equations and probability equations. Interpret and apply statistical and probability tables and graphs.
Planning and Organization
- Manage multiple projects in deadline driven environment
- Manage multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
- Must be organized, punctual and responsible
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates highest level of detail orientation and organizational skills
This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting (≤25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Hybrid work environment: Scheduled in-office and the possibility of predetermined work from home (WFH) days as the company deems fit. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment can be boisterous in certain areas. Attire is business casual.
Minimal (less than 5%) to none. May be required to travel overnight – by car or air – to support various events sometimes working in excess of eight (8) hours/day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.