As our Sales Cloud Architect, you’ll play a vital role at Tom Ferry. We are looking for a proactive individual that can help us continually improve and enhance our Sales Cloud Product suite, gathering requirements and feedback and designing best practice solutions. Our Sales Cloud user experience is of great importance to us, therefore the Sales Cloud Architect should enjoy all aspects of user management including support tickets, training, and designing solutions with user satisfaction a priority.
Additionally, Salesforce Sales Cloud Architect is responsible for the administration, maintenance, feature enhancements, and development of Salesforce Sales Cloud. As a Product Architect, you will own the integrity and strength of the solutions recommended. You’ll be acting as a trusted advisor to our systems team and relevant business units, and an effective mentor for other professionals working alongside you.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will be happy liaising with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms, clearly explaining design options and their potential impact. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. You will identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce to support additional business processes or functions. You will also be motivated, team oriented and passionate about Salesforce technology.
You will need a deep understanding of the Salesforce platform but just as importantly, top-notch people skills to get your ideas and solutions across to stakeholders and gain integrity to get your visions built into successful solutions.
- Responsible for configuration, design, functionality and end-user support of the Salesforce Sales Cloud Product
- Configure and maintain custom objects, record types, fields, page layouts, formulas, data validation rules, triggers, custom workflows, approval processes, installed packages, etc. within Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Account Teams, Sharing Rules and Security).
- Rich understanding of customizations and the ability to audit, recommend, improve, and/or update customizations for best practice alternatives
- Experience with unique Salesforce instances that leverage non-standard Salesforce Objects in primary business process and practices
- Understanding of basic triggers/Apex code knowledge
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather & analyze requirements and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality. Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Conduct research into team members use of Salesforce, producing a report of findings with recommended steps and a roadmap for Salesforce solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers to create prototypes and proofs of concept as a means of eliciting and defining requirements
- Identify and gather requirements, translating into best practice, scalable solutions with a focus on exceptional user experience
- Identify production risks and areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Identify unused or underutilized platform features
- Contribute to a platform roadmap and define priorities, liaising with stakeholders
- Support the Operations team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes
- Provide guidance on user story writing style
- Ensure success and acceptance criteria are defined for each story
- Describe and illustrate designs with appropriate justifications
- Ensure documentation of the steps for testing
- Own the design of Salesforce Sales Cloud and (optionally) other affiliated solutions for Sales and platform solutions
- Act as a release manager, approving configuration and coded items to be deployed between environments. Where appropriate, this could include deploying changes
- Own the communication and documentation of any platform changes to end users and stakeholders
- Monitor and improve user adoption via User Experience exercises and review
- Manage data imports, database deduping and cleanup
- Management of integrated applications and third party suppliers including such as Marketo, HelloSign, and more
- Data management to improve Salesforce data quality and integrity, implementing rules and automation as needed
- Collaborate with Operations, Sales, and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability of our standardized business analytics, tools and processes
Works under general direction. Requires only broad guidelines to accomplish objectives. Uses independent judgment to achieve goals.
None. Works under general supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA in Computer Science or relevant field
- Salesforce Admin Certified
- Sales Cloud Consultant Certified
- Platform App Builder Certified
- 3+ years of Sales Cloud experience
- 1+ years of Project Management Lifecycle experience
- 1+ years of experience with Administration
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A proactive attitude to platform enhancements
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to observe trends. Able to actively make suggestions based on the results
- Designing scalable, best practice solutions
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Confident in documentation and presentations to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to tailor communication to multiple audiences at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate concepts visually and in writing in a way that enables stakeholders to decide with confidence
- Translating requirements into technical solutions
- A strategic approach to solution design, with proven ability to develop and execute tactical plans to support the strategy
- Excellent ability to coach, motivate and direct work tasks to a multidisciplinary team of Salesforce professionals
- Experience in change management and governance
- Training end users and key stakeholders
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solution
- Technical documentation
- Available and responsive to question, clarifications and instructions
- Experience implementing Salesforce configuration changes
- DevOps/release management experience
- Salesforce User Experience Designer Certified
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g. Certified Service Cloud Consultant, CPQ Specialist, Tableau CRM, and/or Einstein Discovery Consultant
- Uncompromising integrity, character and intellectual honesty; with the courage and conviction to speak their position
- Understanding of basic triggers/Apex code knowledge
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development
- Active in the Salesforce community
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as technical procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Experience in CRM Business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Order Management, Account Management, Territory Management, Case Management
- Experience in designing Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Work Flows, and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates, and Email generation according to application requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with integration of SF with other systems.
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications.
- Experience with other marketing applications such as Marketo is a strong plus.
Planning and Organization
- Manage multiple projects in deadline driven environment
- Manage multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
- Must be organized, punctual and responsible
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Flexible to changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates highest level of detail orientation and organizational skills
This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting (≤25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Hybrid work environment: Scheduled in-office and the possibility of predetermined work from home (WFH) days as the company deems fit. Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment can be boisterous in certain areas. Attire is business casual.
Minimal (less than 5%) to none. May be required to travel overnight – by car or air – to support various events sometimes working in excess of eight (8) hours/day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.