Senior Salesforce Consultant / Lead Engineer
100,000 – 120,000 • yearly
Denver, Colorado, United States
Hi, future teammate!
We are a dedicated group of data nerds inspired by the extraordinary things that can happen when people come together as a community.
We partner with organizations that see community building as a core part of their work. Alongside them we build customized (and beautiful) data tools and strategies to make their work easier and more impactful.
Technological change can be nerve-wracking and that’s why we prioritize the people, culture and long-term success of our community builders. We love to dive deep into new technologies and we surface the best to share with our people.Your role
This position exists to guide, support, and provide thought-leadership to a team of Solutions Engineers, in addition to your own individual technical contributions to complex Salesforce builds. Here are some things you can expect to do in the role:
- Lead client-facing discovery sessions with an eye towards technical communication, strategy, and data architecture.
- Act as primary engineer on complex projects
- Ensure complete project backlogs exist with clearly defined requirements.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to manage technical communication with clients and internal project teams so that everyone is on the same page and understands issues / features we are working on.
- Provide thought leadership on client support requests and help address underlying root causes.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding the full deployment of the Salesforce platform.
- Map complex client processes and data sets that exist in other systems, and define how to move them to Salesforce
- Take nebulous client problems and help break them down, so that clients and more junior teammates can easily understand how to address them.
- Analyze and mitigate risk.
- Build A+ features and fixes in Salesforce for our clients, delivered on time and with long-term viability in mind.
- Lead teammates to configure Salesforce to meet (and exceed) client needs.
- Integrate Salesforce with third-party tools, including email marketing tools, online forms, and payment processors.
- Manage data, including data migration, data mapping, and data cleanup/manipulation, alongside your teammates.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex data sharing and visibility problems.
- Provide deep technical knowledge and configuration of Nonprofit Cloud and PMM, as well as commonly used email marketing tools, online forms, and data import tools.
- Enhance quality of systems and data through effective design, maintenance and security.
- Train client staff on the Salesforce features you build, both in person and virtually.
- Design comprehensive testing and training plans for clients and teammates to support your solutions.
- Oversee system rollouts to ensure client success + comprehensive client user adoption
- Coach and mentor junior teammates
- Define and refine technical best practices to support teammates
- Guide teammates in adopting new technologies and navigating new Salesforce releases
- Fuel your personal professional development by constantly learning more about the software we use, the nonprofit field, and yourself on a personal level. We'll make sure you have the resources to advance your learning.
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce Consultant
- Salesforce Admin certification and Nonprofit Cloud certification (other Salesforce certifications a plus).
- 3+ years experience with nonprofits, either on a professional or volunteer level.
- Ability (and excitement) to travel occasionally to client offices or to meet with your teammates (typically 1-2 times per year)
- Ability (and excitement) to work out of our offices in Denver or Brooklyn, OR remotely via frequent video conferencing.
- Scrum certifications (Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner) are a plus but not required.
Compensation for this role at OpenTent begins at $100,000/year to $120,000/year based on experience, with the opportunity to increase from there. You are eligible for all of the great benefits offered to full-time OpenTent employees, including excellent no-premium healthcare, unlimited PTO, 401k matching after one year of service, team retreats, paid parental leave, continued professional development, and much more. Read more about our compensation approach here.