The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business and client needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or expand to encompass project requirements.
As a Solution Architect, you will own the integrity and strength of the solutions recommended. You’ll be acting as a trusted partner to our team and clients, and an effective mentor for other Northbound professionals working alongside you. You will need a deep understanding of the Salesforce platform but just as importantly, top-notch people skills to get your ideas and solutions across to stakeholders and gain integrity to get your visions built into successful solutions.
The ongoing responsibilities are as follows:
- Conduct research into clients’ use of Salesforce, producing a report of findings with recommended steps and a roadmap for Salesforce solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues and customers to create prototypes and proofs of concept as a means of eliciting and defining requirements
- Supervise the configuration, quality assurance, testing, and deployment of Salesforce
- Ensure full utilisation and tailoring of the Salesforce platform to match and support business objectives.
- Review and analyse business processes, services and information needs with a view to implementing change management initiatives to improve the user experience and increase productivity.
- Oversee the development of declarative solutions for client Salesforce environments, including: Building custom objects and fields, developing Salesforce Flows, Configuring Third Party Applications, etc.
- Lead a team of Northbound Professionals to achieve successful project outcomes and resolve system issues.
- Partner with key client stakeholders to identify how business requirements can be delivered to ensure improved user experiences and reduced cost and time impacts
- Provide expert support to key stakeholders in managing system and process changes
- Produce functional, technical and system design documentation
- Facilitate testing of new Salesforce functionality to ensure functional accuracy
- Monitor and analyze org metrics, system performance, and user activity
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve user experiences and increase efficiencies
- Regularly assess client Salesforce Orgs for opportunities for process improvements
- Identify and develop super user knowledge and capabilities across the business
- Other responsibilities as directed by project leads and Senior Leadership
The final candidate will have many of the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in a leading role in delivering Salesforce projects
- Technical, hands on experience developing declarative solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Experience with Salesforce Sales, Service, and Experience clouds preferred
- Experience with Squivr, Conga, or Avnio products a plus
- Experience with Contract Lifecycle and/or Contract Management a plus
- At least 3-4 Salesforce Certifications required, additional preferred
- Proficient MS Excel, Word, the Google suite of products, and Lucidchart
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating workshops, conducting discovery sessions, and designing Salesforce solutions
- Experience in creating business cases for technology-related solutions
- Demonstrated ability to consistently lead teams to complete projects on time, on budget and to specification requirements
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on managing clients and delegating work to supporting team members
- Excellent ability to coach, motivate and direct work tasks to a multidisciplinary team of Salesforce professionals
- Available and responsive to questions, clarifications and instructions
- Ability to tailor communication to multiple audiences at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to observe trends. Able to actively make suggestions based on the results
- Active listener with the ability to think strategically, solve problems and negotiate
Bachelor’s / Postgraduate degree or professional qualification in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, Finance or a similar field of study and/or equivalent work experience is preferred.
The expected pay range for the Solutions Architect position is $120,000 - $145,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Northbound Consulting may have a variety of opportunities available at any given time. With this said, we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you believe you are qualified for the role. While you may not be qualified for this specific position, we may have others that we would like to consider you for in the future! Please take the time to share your experience with us and your passion for all things Salesforce so we may get to know you and hopefully find a great fit!
Our product is our people. The value of our relationships is at the core of what we do so we’ve crafted a compensation plan to match. Northbound Consulting pays competitive rates to reward the team for the value they bring. That doesn’t mean we pay you well to treat you poorly. One of the main benefits we offer is flexibility and the time and space to provide your best work. Our expected billing time is intentionally lower than industry standards because we believe work/life balance and flexibility creates the best product from a supported and rested team. We don't churn and burn here.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- 100% coverage of employee’s portion of Medical, Dental, Vision, and Basic Life
- 100% of Salesforce Certification exam and preparation fees covered
- Additional reimbursements offered for job related training
- Equipment reimbursement for new hires (to assist in improving a remote workspace)
- 401k with employer match
- HSA plan with an employer-funded contribution of $1,500 annually!
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program. We mean it. Take your time off! Team members are encouraged to take a minimum of 4 weeks off per year!
- We value work/life balance! We work flexible schedules that allow us to get our work done while living our lives
Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.