Xsmths is a marketing technology solutions company with a core focus on Salesforce Marketing cloud as a platform, servicing the EMEA region.
The Career Opportunity
Purpose of the Role: the Solution Engineer is responsible for leading the solutioning throughout the sales cycle and delivering thought leadership to companies. The Solution Engineer is an experienced person who works alongside the Client Partner, Client Lead or Account Executive and supports the sales team to create solutions for prospects and customers.
The Solution Engineer will meet with potential customers to understand their business goals and design technical solutions the meet their business needs.
To accomplish this, the right candidate should have a strong desire to set the vision translating business objectives into best-in-class and actionable recommendations.
Key Responsibilities & Outputs
- Develop and deliver innovative custom solutions, including solution concepts to key decision makers
- Coordinate and lead the entire solution cycle in close collaboration with the Sales or Account Team
- Remain up to date in industry and technology trends, incorporating and developing a point of view based on existing Salesforce Marketing Cloud Products and Solutions
- Fully understand and clearly articulate the benefits of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to customers at all levels, examples include Marketing, IT staff and "C" level executives
- Present compelling solutions while supporting relationships with customers and business partners.
- Support Sales and Account Teams in the development of proposals and RFI / RFP responses.
- Display initiative, self-motivation and deliver high quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers.
Education, Experience & Knowledge
Education required to perform this role
- Related Bachelor's degree
Experience required to perform this role
- 5 – 7 years’ track record of solution engineering, consultancy, delivery or training for a software solution organisation.
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Have deep technical expertise in any of the following domains (digital marketing, advertising, commerce, BI & Analytics, Web analytics, CRM, CMS)
- Min 5 years’ experience as Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer / Solutions Architect
- Understanding the unique business requirements of customers within multiple industries and translating/presenting those needs into a compelling vision and roadmap for our customers.
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems in dynamic, energising environments.
- Inquisitive, practical, and passionate about technology and sharing knowledge.
- Good at explaining ideas and finding ways to keep people’s attention.
- Be able to demonstrate the behaviours and skills to support our sales teams such as objection handling, business value justification and product positioning.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally