This job is archived
This is a Remote Position.
Invitation Homes is pioneering a new industry and needs dedicated, innovative, and enthusiastic technologists to support our innovation and growth. As the nation’s premier home leasing company, we develop advanced technology to enhance the resident experience. We are looking for dynamic people who are passionate about taking tech to the next level.
We’re looking for a Principal Salesforce Architect to help execute key initiatives across our cross-functional engineering teams, which include Salesforce administrators, Salesforce developers, and other software engineers. We are building a culture that fosters innovation, built on a foundation of inclusion and diversity. Working with the VP of Engineering and the Sr. Director of the Salesforce Center of Excellence, you will help us continue to build on our strong departmental culture and chart the course for the future of the engineering teams and the technology department. As a member of our Core Salesforce team, you will be supporting several teams that build systems for the operational side of our business. We have a highly customized Salesforce platform implementation that includes multiple Experience sites, with complex integrations to external systems, and we’re in the process of evolving our integration patterns to leverage the cloud-native capabilities of AWS. You’ll also be a part of our Salesforce Center of Excellence, working with our engineering teams to drive the architectural vision and technical standards underpinning the development and ongoing support of our Salesforce-based systems.
You will be at the forefront of building efficiency, stability, and flexibility into our associate-facing systems as we build the technologies that will drive our growth and resident experience to the next level. If you are motivated, passionate, a quick learner, and have outstanding communication skills, this role is waiting for you!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the VP of Engineering, the Sr. Director of the Salesforce Center of Excellence, and other senior engineering leaders to provide mentorship to the Salesforce organization and the entire engineering and technology organizations.
- Help develop and execute the roadmap for Salesforce Platform core infrastructure, including Security, System Optimization, and DevOps process.
- With the VP of Engineering, refine the integration strategy for Salesforce Platform infrastructure with third-party and custom tools, including leveraging existing integration platforms as well as standard connectors, custom APIs, and point-to-point integrations strongly focused on the AWS ecosystem.
- Apply proven software engineering expertise to our most strategic work - combining hands-on Salesforce development with strong Salesforce design and architecture.
- Partner with the VP of Engineering and other senior engineering teammates to provide overall leadership and mentorship to the Engineering organization, especially as it related to Salesforce and how the platform can be most appropriately leveraged.
- Understand the business and key organizational strategies and help align our engineering teams to execute those strategies.
- Produce solution architecture and high-level design documents and other artifacts.
- Foster communication and collaboration across development teams, facilitating knowledge sharing. Help engineers have a broader perspective than just their own area of expertise to help them grow and make better decisions.
- Help stakeholders throughout the company understand enough about the underlying technology (whether through meetings, presentations, or documentation) to make well-informed decisions.
- Help select technologies to further our business strategies, including evaluating, recommending, and managing technology vendors where appropriate.
- Work across teams to foster a culture of architecture that allows for iterative development and future scaling. Guide teams to help them make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Help build reusable assets for use across the Salesforce platform
- Build and run custom demonstrations and deliver prototypes using Salesforce and other technologies to illustrate the art of the possible
Education and/or Experience
- 15+ years of experience in software development, architecture, or Salesforce platform management
- 8+ years of Salesforce Infrastructure ecosystem experience, with a deep understanding of the way Salesforce can empower the workflow of an organization
- Knowledge of technical, operational, and cultural structures required to scale teams in a high-growth environment
- Strong technologist with knowledge of various architectural styles
- Deep expertise in Salesforce platform and applications. Required Salesforce Certifications:
- System Architect
- Application Architect
- Recent and relevant experience in system architecture, development, and integration using Salesforce and other cloud-based platforms
- Fluent in Salesforce Lightning and Lightning Web Components
- Experience with incorporating DevOps principles and practices on the Salesforce platform
- Comfortable making the tough decisions when needed, and stepping back when needed; you know how to participate in the technical details while still empowering your team to make decisions
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Able to both collaborate with and negotiate with peers inside and outside of Engineering
- Teacher and mentor: leadership skills, empathy, and the patience to improve the developers around you
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis